About CrewBoss and Western Shelter
Recognized for their leadership within the emergency response, commercial and military markets, Western Shelter and CrewBoss are allied businesses that develop and manufacture equipment and gear critical to the mission driven focus of our customers. Our products help people, often saving lives in the absolute worst conditions imaginable around the world. We are proud of what we do, and come to work everyday with the motivation to find new ways to better serve our customers. This is your chance to make a difference in the world, while building your career at a rapidly growing company with an international reach.
This Production Manager will oversee production in the CrewBoss department. The Production Manager is responsible for directing production employees to meet productivity, quality, delivery and safety goals. The person in this position works hands on with the team as a player/coach. This position reports directly to the Operations Manager
- Demonstrated success at deployment of Management control reporting including operational metrics.
- Excellent technology application skills including ERP systems, project management and spreadsheet tools.
- Demonstrated ability to build and lead a strong production team
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a high level of integrity.
- Schedule and manage production to ship customer order/product and reach a +90% on-time-fill-rate for all orders based on customer need date
- Meet business’s financial goals by translating bookings into revenue per budget requirements
- Responsible for continuous improvement of manufacturing through use of LEAN Manufacturing principles
- Be a progressive thinker and role model: enable efficiency enhancing tools such as LEAN manufacturing, cycle time reduction and other manufacturing enhancing methodologies
- Oversee Production Control on all inventory, material, and schedule requirements. Reviews all changes to schedule, including those caused by late material deliveries, labor shortages or other resource issues. Helps set priorities for floor.
- Develop operations organization – training, mentoring, coaching and leading the organization. Evaluate strengths weaknesses and take action to ensure long-term health, productivity, and a high performance culture.
- Manage multiple projects to successfully transition products from prototype development to manufacturing – work with sales, and R&D to implement practices in new product development process
- Ensure continuing compliance to current edition of NFPA 1977, 1975, 1951 Standards on Protective Clothing and Equipment
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining a high level of safety including strict adherence to all regulatory requirements
- Interact with team and customers regarding production and customer order status
- Able to lead and motivate employees
- Strong initiative in order to propose changes with the ability to justify recommendations
- Understand principles related to manufacturing process
- Possesses strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Western Shelter Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full time
Qualified applicants should submit a resume and cover letter in Word or pdf format via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org