The Sewing Machine Operator assembles a variety of parts and products using sewing equipment/machines. They measure, align and sew parts and assemblies to predetermined specifications and drawings. The Sewing Machine Operator is responsible for properly constructing each item assigned in a timely manner. This position reports to the Production Supervisor.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- One-year work experience, preferably in manufacturing
- Basic sewing knowledge preferred
- Assures that all products are built to the highest standard of quality.
- Constructs assigned items or components of such items properly, following a combination of printed work instructions, integral samples and verbal instructions from production supervisor.
- Inspects in-process materials to ensure proper cut, shade compatibility, material flaws and the correctness of prior construction steps.
- Reports product non-conformities to production supervisor in a timely manner.
- Maintains quality objectives and standards for the department.
- Works with team members to maximize productivity and efficiency.
- Maintains assigned machines by exercising routine maintenance and cleaning on a daily basis, or as needed. Report equipment malfunction to the production supervisor in a timely manner.
- Ensures scheduled equipment maintenance is performed.
- Notifies supervisor of maintenance issues with production equipment.
- Assists in the training of new employees, as needed.
- Operates sewing equipment safely.
- Responsible for all safety aspects within the scope of work.
- Follows correct ISO procedures, including lot number tracking where applicable.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 25 lb without assistance.
Western Shelter is an equal opportunity employer.
For inquiries please email: firstname.lastname@example.org